SIGMAPHI 2020 - 13-17 July 2020 - Chania, Crete, Greece
13-17 July 2020 - Chania, Crete, Greece
The Conference is organized in the following three Areas to cover all the Topics of Statistical Physics:
Area A: Foundations and Theoretical aspects of classical, quantum and relativistic statistical physics and thermodynamics. Mathematical aspects and methods, formalism, rigorous results, exact solutions, connections with the methods of high energy physics, string theory, mathematical statistics and information theory, information geometry, classical, quantum and relativistic transport theory, Boltzmann and Fokker-Planck kinetics, nonlinear kinetics, dynamical systems, relaxation phenomena, random systems, pattern formation, fractal systems, solitons, chaotic systems, strongly correlated electrons, soft quantum matter, mesoscopic quantum phenomena, fractional quantum Hall effect, low dimensional quantum field theory, quantum phase transitions, quantum information and entanglement, power laws, stochastic optimal controletc.
Area B: Applications to Physical Systems: quantum systems, soft condensed matter, liquid crystals, plasmas, fluids, surfaces and interfaces, disordered and glassy systems, percolation, spin glasses, structural glasses, jamming, critical phenomena and phase transitions,fluids and interfacial phenomena, molecular and ionic fluids, metastable liquids, hydrodynamic instabilities, turbulence, growth processes, wetting, surface effects, films, crystals, confined systems, surfaces and interfaces, chemical reactions, cold atoms, etc.
Area C: Applications to non-Physical Systems: Interdisciplinary applications of statistical physics, networks and graphs, applied networks, biophysics, genomics, environments, climate and earth models, seismology, linguistics, econophysics, social systems, traffic flow, algorithmic problems, complex systems, nonlinear time-series analysis, novel data analysis tools, extreme events, tipping points, prediction, classification, etc.
Any area include several Sessions dealing with general aspects and applications.
Special sessions: Some special sessions within the thematic Area A will cluster talks dedicated to the following theoretical topics:
- S1: Spin glass theory and far beyond;
- S2: Quantum long-range interactions;
- S3: Information geometry and deformed statistics;
- S4: Entropies and correlations in complex systems.
Workshops: Some workshops will cluster talks dedicated to special applications of statistical physics in physical and non-physical systems and will be organized as parallel events.
Poster Sessions: The Conference will also include some poster sessions.
- Kaniadakis G. (Politecnico di Torino, Italy)
- Argyrakis P. (Aristotle University of Thesaloniki, Greece)
- Carbone A. (Politecnico di Torino, Italy)
- Constantoudis V. (NCSR Demokritos, Athens, Greece)
- Ellinas D. (Technical University of Crete, Chania, Greece)
- Gervino G. (University of Torino, Italy)
- Hristopulos D. (Technical University of Crete, Chania, Greece)
- Lapenta G. (Katholieke University of Leuven, Belgium)
- Lissia M. (INFN, University of Cagliari, Italy)
- Maizza G. (Politecnico di Torino, Italy)
- Scarfone A.M. (ISC-CNR, Politecnico di Torino, Italy) - Chair
- Spagnolo B. (University of Palermo, Italy)
- Valenti D. (Università degli studi di Palermo, Italy)
EPS-SNLP, European Physical Society Statistical and Nonlinear Physics Division
- Beck C. (Queen Mary, University of London, UK) - Chair
- Caldarelli G. (IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, Italy)
- Cugliandolo L.F. (Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France)
- Gudowska-Nowak E. (Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland)
- Kantz H. (Max Planck Institute, Dresden, Germany)
- Manneville P. (Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France)
- Ruffo S. (SISSA, Trieste, Italy)
- Toral R. (Inst. de Física Interdisc. y Sist. Compl., Palma de Mallorca, Spain)
Registration and Payment
Early registration (from 17 April to 13 May)
Registration fee: 500€ (VAT included)
EPS member registration fee: 450€ (VAT included)
PhD Students: 250€ (VAT included)
Regular registration (after 13 May)
Registration fee: 600€ (VAT included)
EPS member registration fee: 500€ (VAT included)
PhD Students: 400€ (VAT included)
The registration fee for the Participants includes: Admission to all scientific sessions, Conference Kit, Abstract Booklet, Coffee Breaks.
Selected contributions (invited, oral and poster) can be invited to be submitted for publication in topical volumes of ISI quoted journals, devoted to the SigmaPhi2020 Conference.
All the papers will undergo the standard referral process of the journals. The submission of a paper implies that it represents original work not previously published and not considered for publication elsewhere. Further details concerning journals, manuscript length and format will be given during the Conference.