Foundations of Geometric Structures of Information - 4-6 Feb 2019 Montpellier (France)
A seminar on Topological and Geometrical Structures of Information has been organized at CIRM in 2017, to gather engineers, applied and pure mathematicians interested in the geometry of information. This year FGSI’19 conference will be focused on the foundations of geometric structures of information. It is dedicated to the triumvirat Cartan - Koszul - Souriau and their influence on the field.
The conference will take place in Montpellier from Monday 4th February 2019 at 9am until Wednesday 6th February at 1pm.
- Anton ALEKSEEV (Geneva Univ.)
- Dmitri ALEKSEEVSKY (Moscow IITP)
- John BAEZ (Riverside UC)
- Michel BRION (Grenoble Univ.)
- Misha GROMOV* (Paris IHES)
- Patrick IGLESIAS-ZEMMOUR (Marseille Univ.)
- Yann OLLIVIER (Paris Facebook)
- Vasily PESTUN (Paris IHES)
- Aissa WADE (Penn State Univ.)
*to be confirmed
Panel sessions :
- SYMPLECTIC GEOMETRY IN PHYSICS, led by Damien CALAQUE
- TRIBUTE TO J-L KOSZUL AND J-M SOURIAU, led by Frederic BARBARESCO and Michel N'GUIFFO-BOYOM