RESEARCH SCIENTIST POSITION DATA SCIENCE AND MACHINE LEARNING - Medical Imaging -Median technologies, Sofia-Antipolis France
Since 2002, Median Technologies has been expanding the boundaries of the identification, interpretation, analysis and reporting of imaging data in the medical world. Our core activity is to develop advanced imaging software solutions and platforms for clinical drug development in oncology, diagnostic support, and cancer patient care. Our software solutions improve the management of cancer patients by helping to better identify pathologies, develop and select patient-specific therapies (precision medicine).
The company employs a highly-qualified team and leverages its scientific, technical, medical, and regulatory expertise to develop innovative medical imaging analysis software based on Artificial Intelligence, cloud computing and big data. We are driven by our core values that are essential to us. These values define who we are, what we do, the way we do it, and what we, as Median, aspire to:
• Leading innovation with purpose
• Committing to quality in all we do
• Supporting our customers in achieving their goals
• Always remembering to put the patient first
Today, we are a team of 130+ people. Most of us are based at our HQ, in Sophia Antipolis (French Riviera) and we have a subsidiary in the US and another one in China. Our company is growing in a fulfilling international and multicultural environment.
In the context of our research and development in artificial intelligence applied to medical imaging, we are looking for: Data Science and Machine Learning Research Scientist M/F
Integrated into a multidisciplinary research and development team within the iBiopsy® project, you are a scientist in the research and development of innovative medical imaging solutions using machine learning and other AI methods.
Medical imaging is one of the fastest growing fields in machine learning. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic, and organized Data Scientist with strong ML experience, excellent communication skills who will thrive at the heart of technological innovation.
o Position under the supervision of Head of Data Science
You will apply your AI/ML/Deep Learning knowledge to develop innovative and robust biomarkers using data coming from medical imaging systems such as MRI and CT scanners and other data sources.
Your work will involve research and development of novel machine learning algorithms and systems. Being part of our front-end innovation organization, you will actively scout, keep track of, evaluate, and leverage disruptive technologies, and emerging industrial, academic and technological trends.
You will work closely with iBiopsy’s software development team as well as clinical science team.
In addition, you will transfer technology, and share insights and best practices across innovation teams. You will generate intellectual property for the company. You will be expected to author peer reviewed papers, present results at industry/scientific conferences.
We look at you to building breakthrough AI-enabled imaging solutions leveraging cloud computing and apply supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning techniques to create value from the imaging and clinical data repositories generated by our medical research and pharmaceutical industry partners. These AI enabled systems and services go beyond image analysis to transform medical practice and drug development.
o Education: PhD in in Mathematics, Computer Science or related fields
o Main skills and Experience required:
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in (deep) machine learning
• Experience with Medical Imaging, CT/MRI, image signatures, large scale visual information retrieval, features selection
• Relevant experience with Python, DL frameworks (i.e. Pytorch) and standard packages such as Scikit-learn, Numpy, Scipy, Pandas
• Semi-Supervised Learning, Self-supervised Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Adversarial methods.
• Multimodal feature extraction
• Author on related research publication / conferences
• Strong experience with opensource technologies to accelerate innovation
• In depth technical knowledge of AI, deep learning and computer vision
• Strong fundamental knowledge of statistical data processing, regression techniques, neural networks, decision trees, clustering, pattern recognition, probability theory, stochastic systems, Bayesian inference, statistical techniques and dimensionality reduction
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills as well as ability to work in global team
• Fluent in written and oral English