Heetch - Data scientist position - Paris, France
You will join the Data Science team. It's a cross-functional team using data to support strategic decision-making and build better experiences for our passengers and drivers alike.
As a Data Scientist focused on Algorithms, you will apply machine learning and optimisation techniques on our rich datasets to solve some of the most interesting mobility challenges, such as dynamic pricing, intelligent allocation and much more!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Work with Product to identify and prioritise algorithmic needs
• Team up with Engineering to incorporate machine learning and optimisation algorithms in our product
• Code simulation modules to replicate driver and passenger behaviours and suggest pricing or dispatch improvements
• Uncover hidden opportunities for growth and efficiency for Heetch
• Conduct and present quantitative analysis that results in actionable recommendations
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• You have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Physics, Statistics or another quantitative field (MS and above preferred)
• You have 2+ years of industry experience in algorithm design and development
• You are comfortable manipulating large datasets (using SQL, Python, R etc)
• You can build and fit statistical, machine learning, or optimisation models
• You can collaborate with Engineers to turn prototypes into scaled-up products
• You can communicate effectively with colleagues from various backgrounds and technical levels
• You are fluent in English
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
• Have prior exposure to startup environments
• Have experience with cloud computing and big data frameworks (incl. geospatial data)
• Have experience leading machine learning projects and/or building data products end-to-end under limited supervision
• Are able to model and run simulated and live traffic experiments
• Are an explorer and enjoy going out!