XX-th Intl. Conf. Geometry, Integrability & Quantization, Varna, Bulgaria
History This conference can be considered a continuation of previous meetings on Geometry and Mathematical Physics which took place in Bulgaria - Zlatograd (1995) and Varna (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017).
- "Geometry" in the title refers to modern differential geometry of real and complex manifolds with some emphasis on curves, sigma models and minimal surface theory,
- "Integrability" to either the integrability of complex structures or classical dynamical systems of particles, soliton dynamics and hydrodynamical flows presented in geometrical form, and
- "Quantization" to the transition from classical to quantum mechanics expressed in geometrical terms.
The overall aim is to bring together experts in Classical and Modern Differential Geometry, Complex Analysis, Mathematical Physics and related fields to assess recent developments in these areas and to stimulate research in related topics.
The workshop will take place in a stimulating environment, which combines a virgin natural landscape with tourist comfort and the unexpected neighbourhood of an ancient historical past. All this in a splendid part of the northern Bulgarian Black Sea coast in the vicinity of Varna.
As previous years we plan to have a few Lecture Courses of 3--5 talks each and Plenary Talks which will be delivered by:
- Vladimir V. Kisil - The Heisenberg Group and the Group SL2(R) : A Surviving Pack for Everyone
*Ivaïlo M. Mladenov - The Many Faces of Elastica
and at least 30 minute talks by the other participants
The Proceedings will be published after peer review process which is carried out by the Editors of the Proceedings Series and the Editorial Board of Journal of Geometry and Symmetry in Physics. Since the begining of 2015 all Proceedings are a part of Euclid
There will be a flat registration fee of €440/ €540 for a double/single room accomodation. PhD students are entitled up to a 50% reductions of the above fees. Besides the room this fee covers three meals per day, refreshments and a copy of the Conference Proceedings volume. Payment in US dollars and Bulgarian Levs is accepted at current exchange rates. Please notice that this fee should be paid in cash upon arrival and that no credit cards, personal cheques, bank drafts or travelers cheques can be accepted.
Please, complete and send your Registration Form. If you wish just to receive information about the future meetings, please register here. Deadline to submit registration forms and abstracts is 15th May 2018.
In the Koral hotel in Sts. Constantine and Elena (hotel Koral is listed under number 26 on the map). It is assumed that 1 June and 8 June are the arrival, respectively the departure days.
Please, notice that there is not a local organizing Committee in Varna and earlier arrival will create a lot of problems. However the stay after the Conference can be arranged.
International Conference on Geometry, Integrability and Quantization, Institute of Biophysics and Biomedical Engineering, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Acad. G. Bonchev Str., Bl. 21, 1113 Sofia, BULGARIA.
Tel: ++ 3592--979 26 37, Fax: ++ 3592--872 37 87
- 38th Winter School Geometry and Physics, 13 - 20 January 2018 (Srni, Czech Republic)
- 12th International Young Researchers Workshop on Geometry, Mechanics and Control, 22-24 January 2018 (Padova, Italy)
- Dynamics and Integrability of Nonholonomic and other Non-Hamiltonian Systems, 24-27 January 2018 (Padova, Italy)
- XXXVI Workshop on Geometric Methods in Physics, 01 -07 July 2018 (Bialowieza, Poland)
- Tenth Jubilee Conference of the Euro-American Consortium for Promoting the Application of Mathematics in Technical and Natural Sciences, 20-25 June 2018 (Albena, Bulgaria)